Effective Date: 22nd May 2018
Infologik Ltd (trading as wedoaccounting) is committed to protecting your personal information and we seek to ensure that we are transparent in outlining we collect, use, store and protect your personal information when you use our services.
For the purposes of the (UK) General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the ‘Data Controller’ in relation to the processing of personal information about you is Infologik Limited, 11 Churchill Court, 58 Station Road, Harrow, HA2 7SA. The “Data Controller” means the person or organisation who decides the purposes for which and the way in which any personal data is processed.
This version number 1.0 is in line with the new GDPR guidelines.
What personal information do we collect from you?
- As an online visitor of our Website http://www.wedoaccounting.co.uk/ there are many actions you will engage in that do not take any personal information from you.
- When you engage in our services, the personal information we collect from you will vary depending on which services you engage us to deliver.
- Personal data relates to any information about a natural person that makes you identifiable which may include, but is not limited to:
Your name, address, telephone number, email address, your Unique Tax Reference (UTR) number, your National Insurance number, bank account details and passport details, and where applicable your employee numbers, credit history, personal tax, payroll and accounting data.
- By engaging in our services, you are consenting to us collecting and using your personal information in line with our Accounting Services Terms and Conditions of Business, which can be found here at: http://www.wedoaccounting.co.uk/terms/
Why do we collect your personal information and how is this used?
- In order for Infologik Limited (trading as wedo accounting) to discharge the said services under this engagement and for the related purposes, we will only use this information subject to your instructions, Data Protection legislation and our duty of confidentiality.
- Our lawful reason for processing your personal information will be strictly for purposes connected with the performance of this Agreement. We will only process your information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
- It will be necessary to obtain, process, store, and disclose personal data about you
This is including but not limited to:
(a) Updating and enhancing client records
(b) Analysis for management purposes
(c) Statutory returns
(d) Carrying out credit checks in relation to you
(e) Complying with our legal and regulatory compliance
(f) Crime prevention
(g) Any other legitimate interests such as investigating or handling complaints, and dealing with any legal issues, including but not limited to any breach of our Accounting Services Terms and Conditions.
- In regard to our professional obligations we are a member firm of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Under ethical and regulatory rules of ACCA we are required to allow access to client files and records for the purpose of maintaining our membership of this body.
How do we collect your personal information?
- We collect information about you when you send an enquiry form via our Website, sign up for an event, complete a survey, or giving feedback for instance.
- Website usage information is collected using cookies. “Cookies” are very small files that are sent by us to your computer or to other access device(s) which we can access when you visit our site in the future. Cookies and other tracking information can help to customise the Website for visitors, and are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Website, and understanding how visitors use the Website, and build up a demographic profile.
- If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the hep and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
- When submitting forms on our website we use a third-party software provider for automated data collection and processing purposes, they will not use your data for any purposes and will only hold the data in line with our policy on data retention.
- We use Google Analytics to store information about how visitors use our website so that we may make improvements and give visitors a better user experience.
- IP addresses -An IP or Internet Protocol Address is a unique numerical address assigned to a computer as it logs on to the Internet. We do not have access to any personal identifiable information and we would never seek this information. Your IP address is logged when visiting our site, but our analytic software only uses this information to track how many visitors we have from regions.
- Internet Based Advertising – We use LinkedIn and Facebook to advertise our services. We do not store any personal information within this type of tracking.
Who may we disclose your personal information to?
Communication between you and Infologik Ltd is confidential. The personal information we have access to is limited to what is required to provide the services. However, whilst we are committed to ensure your personal information is kept secure, and that we will not sell, share or otherwise transfer any of your personal information to any third parties; it may be necessary to disclose such to any or a combination of the following:
- We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. For example, we share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so. When you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
- Where there is a legal obligation to do so, Infologik Ltd are required to disclose your personal information to a court of competent jurisdiction, regulatory bodies, our insurers or as part of an external peer review. Unless we are authorised by you to disclose information on your behalf, this undertaking will apply during and after the engagement of services.
- As part of the services offered to you by Infologik Ltd, it may be considered necessary to disclose your personal information to countries outside the European Union (“EU”), in the performance of our obligations to you. Should this arise, we seek to ensure we have appropriate safeguards in place so that your privacy rights continue to remain protected, as outlined in this policy. By submitting your personal information and continuing to engage in our services, you are agreeing to this disclosure, storing and processing.
- We will not transfer your personal information outside the UK unless it is considered necessary to do so in the performance of our obligations to you. If your personal information is to be transferred outside the UK, we will not carry out such a transfer without obtaining your prior consent.
- We may also consider it necessary to pass your personal information to third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations, for the purposes of completing tasks and providing the services to you on our behalf. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data in order to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal information they receive from us for any other purpose. Should we use a third party service; we will only ever disclose the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services pursuant to our Accounting Services Terms and Conditions.
- You have the right to positively opt-in as to whether you want any marketing information sent to you. Without your express consent, we will not share your personal information with third parties who may offer you their products and services for marketing purposes.
Where is this personal information stored and how do we ensure that it is safeguarded?
Infologik shall comply, at all times, with the minimum security requires pursuant to the (UK) General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 to ensure the safe transmission, storing, updating and deletion of your personal information in accordance to its retention period.
- When you supply us with personal information, we take the necessary steps to safeguard its security, integrity and privacy.
- We ensure that your personal information is stored on our secured server, which is located at our office in North Harrow, London.
- This can only be accessed by limited personnel of Infologik Ltd to supply you with the services pursuant to our Accounting Services Terms and Conditions. It may also be made accessible to staff outside our offices who work for us i.e. system maintenance or technical problems.
- We use a secured third party to process payments, and when you supply us with information such as your credit or debit card details, we take reasonable steps towards the safeguarding of this information. We encrypt your payment information via secure socket layer protection (SSL) to protect it from unauthorised use.
- Unfortunately, we cannot however guarantee the complete and total safety of any information you exchange with us electronically, via the internet, as this is not a generally secure medium of communication.
- Although we use security features to restrict access and prevent unauthorised use, we recommend that when you engage with us, all clients ought to keep their own account number and online log-in details confidential, as any transaction is at your own risk.
How long will we hold your personal information for?
- During the course of our work we may collect information from you and others relevant to your affairs. We will retain any original documents to you, if requested.
- When we cease to act for you we will seek to agree to the position to access to cloud-accounting records to ensure continuity of service. This may require you to enter into direct engagements with the software providers and pay for that service separately.
- Documents and records relevant to your affairs are required by law to be retained as follows:
(a) Individuals, trustees and partnerships:
– with trading or rental income: 5 years and 10 months after the end of the tax year;
– otherwise: 22 months after the end of the tax year;
(b)Companies, LLPs and other corporate entities:
– 6 years from the end of the accounting period
(c)These periods may be extended if HMRC enquires into any accounts or returns.
- Whilst certain documents may legally belong to you, we intend to destroy correspondence and other papers that we store which are older than 7 years, other than documents which we consider to be of continuing significance.
- With relation to marketing purposes, we will hold your data for a period of 6 years with a review every 3 years.
- You have the right to be forgotten. You will have the opportunity to opt out or delete any personal information that we hold about you, at any point. You also have the right to stop using information about you for marketing purposes, and should we wish to use your personal information for these purposes, we will ask you to opt to give your consent. These details are set out in this policy, and subject to the below.
How to access your personal information, correction, portability and deletion?
What is a Subject Access Request?
- You have the legal right under the (UK) General Protection Regulation 2016/679 to request a copy of the information that we hold about you, at any given time.
- If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to us to firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively write to us at the following address: Infologik Ltd t/a Wedo Accounting, 11 Churchill Court, 58 Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA2 7SA.
- This is subject to a fee of £10 to enable us to respond to your request promptly, within the prescribed 30 calendar days from the date of validation of your request, and to cover our administration costs involved.
- We aim to maintain all personal records accurately and securely to a reasonable standard. You may ask us to correct or remove any personal information that you think is inaccurate by emailing or writing to us at the above addresses.
Objections to processing of your personal information
- It is your right to lodge an objection to the processing of your personal information if you feel the “ground relating to your particular situation” apply. The only reason we will be able to deny your request is if we can show compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interest, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- It is also your right to receive the personal information which you have given to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller without delay from the current controller if:
(a) The processing is based on consent or on a contract, and;
(b) The processing is carried out by automated means.
Your Right to be Forgotten
- Should you wish for us to completely delete all information that we hold about you then please email or write to us at the above addresses.
How can you contact us?